Steve Brinich (stevemb) wrote,
Steve Brinich

  • Location:
  • Mood:

OVFF 2007

After finishing up our packing while being pestered for attention from three cats who had figured out that The Humans Are Leaving, [info]starmalachite and I headed for the Metro station and from there to National Airport to catch the morning flight to Columbus. Fortunately, the trip went off without any interesting incidents; I mostly zoned out until we landed.

While I was watching out for the shuttle, someone else noticed starmalachite  with the luggage and asked if she was headed to the same hotel. She turned out to be a relative newcomer; we (mostly starmalachite , really) chatted about some of the people she'd heard of and described a few other items of interest and general Filk 101 pointers.

We checked in, took a brief swim in the hotel pool, and then took a nap until dinnertime. After that, the con proper got underway. As usual, the Pegasus concert went very well (I thought the brief intermission was a good idea for letting people who were still pondering their votes recharge their mental batteries). Open filk Friday went on until about 3 AM (as far as I recall); I was still awake enough to hang out and chat with partiallyclips and maverick_weirdo until the breakfast buffet opened at 6:00, (IIRC, maverick_weirdo turned in before breakfast, but jannyblue joined us at the restaurant.)

I spent about as much time wandering around as I did at the various concerts Saturday afternoon. I enjoyed the Pegasus banquet, with hearty congratulations to the winners. The Interfilk auction had one T-shirt I was briefly tempted to bid on, but before I decided to jump in the bids had gone a bit above my temptation level. As usual, open filk ran later Saturday night, with about a dozen survivors heading for the breakfast buffet when it finally wound down. (AFAIK, I was the only one who kept awake through breakfast both days. That surprised me, actually; the last few cons I've been at I conked out by 3:00 or so).

Sunday had a few events leading up to the traditional jam session, followed by a mass exodus to BD's Mongolian for a dinner run and then the dead dog party, which was still going on when I finally crashed out at about 3:30.

I got up at about 11 Monday morning; we packed up and headed for the lobby (we were lucky enough to get a room on the ground floor right near the rear lobby entrance), where we met Kathy Mar and split a cab ride to the airport. There was one disconcerting moment when we got back to Franconia/Springfield station and couldn't find our car at first; it turned out that it was around a corner from where we first looked for it. That problem solved, we headed home.

Tired now.
Tags: fandom, filk, ovff

  • Home From Concertino

    starmalachite and I got home a little while ago. We were one of the houses that didn't lose power; when thelongshot

  • Back From OVFF

    starmalachite and I got home last night to four very needy cats. The two new arrivals took the first prolonged absence of their humans…

  • Headed For Conterpoint

    I'll be spending the rest of the morning checking that we have all the stuff we'll need for the con ready to go, and then we'll be headed out to…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened